We currently have the following vacancy:
PARENT GOVERNOR VACANCIES
PERSONNEL COMMITTEE and FINANCE & PREMISES COMMITEE
Our Governing Board is currently seeking nominations for two Parent Governors to contribute to the continuing success of the school. Governors work closely with the Headteacher and staff to ensure that all students can develop as individuals and receive a good quality education. Governors have responsibility for the strategic management of the school, to ensure accountability, and to act as a “critical friend”.
We are interested in finding someone who can contribute effectively to the Personnel Committee or Finance & Premises Committee. Applicants should write a short letter expressing their interest and outlining their skills and experience and who feel they can make a positive contribution to the governing body.
As the new appointees will be asked to join either the Finance & Premises Committee or the Personnel Committee, we will be looking for someone who has significant skills and experience the area of finance or personnel.
Short-listed applicants will be invited for an informal interview with the Chair and Vice-Chair of Governors and Chair of the Finance & Premises or Personnel Committee, at the Newport Pagnell campus. The appointment will be made by the Academy Trust Members on the basis of recommendation from the Chair and Vice-Chair. The decision of the Members is final.
If you have the enthusiasm, time, interest and commitment, we would like to hear from you.
The following points should be noted:
- Governors are required to attend committee meetings 6 times a year;
- Personnel Committee and Finance & Premises Committee meetings are usually on a Wednesday starting at 5pm until 6.15pm;
- Governors are also required to attend 3 full governing body meetings a year, usually on a Monday or Wednesday from 7pm;
- The period of office is for four years;
- Only a parent or carer of a student currently registered at Ousedale may be nominated;
- The proposer and seconder must also each be a parent or carer of a student currently registered at Ousedale;
- A Parent Governor whose child leaves the school during the four year period may continue for the full term if he or she so wishes.
There are a number of circumstances in which an individual is disqualified from being a governor, which include bankruptcy and criminal conviction. Proof of identity and an Enhanced DBS check will be required. Should you require further information on disqualification clauses, please contact the MKC Governor Support, on 01908 253497.
A nomination form can be downloaded – please open the link. A hard copy of the nomination form will need to be signed by a proposer and seconder as well as the nominee. Completed nomination forms should be sent to Mrs Sheila Bamber, Temporary Clerk to the Governing Body, c/o Ousedale School, The Grove, Newport Pagnell, MK16 0BJ.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
or telephone 01908 210203.
The closing date for completed nomination forms will be Friday 7th June 2019
Updated May 2019