Ousedale School operates a cashless payment system in the dining rooms.
Students who are entitled to free school meals have their allowance credited electronically to their account, therefore allowing them to remain completely anonymous.
Children whose parents receive the following support payments are entitled to receive free school meals:
- • Income Support
- • Employment & Support Allowance – Income related only
- • Income Based Job Seekers Allowance (NOT Contribution Based JSA)
- • Child Tax Credit only (with a combined family income of less than £16,190 per annum as assessed by HM Revenues and Customs) Please note that anyone receiving Working Tax Credit, regardless of Income, will NOT qualify for Free School Meals
- • Working Tax Credit run-on - paid 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- • Universal Credit - If you apply after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you receive)
- • National Asylum Seekers Support (NASS)
- • Guaranteed Element of Pension Credit.
If your child is eligible for free school meals, they will remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling they are in on 31st March 2022 even if your circumstances change and they would no longer meet the eligibility criteria.
Students who are over 16, but still in statutory education, may receive Income Support in their own right. These students may be entitled to claim free school meals.
How to apply?
The application form can be found here:
To complete an application you will need to provide:
- •Your own name and date of birth
- •Contact details
- •National Insurance Number or National Asylum Seekers Number
- •Child's name and date of birth
- •School your child is attending/will attend.
Year 6 to Year 7 Transfers
Parents who are already receiving free school meals at their primary school should notify the school so that this entitlement can continue once your child starts at Ousedale School.
Updated March 2019